Our senses absorb wonder and beauty as we nourish our soul to overflowing. In this blog, I will share things that nourish my soul. I find wonder in many places in my life; music, books, nature, people, art, travel, food, passion, creativity and much more. In sharing these sources of wonder with others, my hope is to spread the feeling of pure, innocent joy felt in the hearts of those who truly absorb the wonder. Fill your cup, pass it on, then fill another and so on . . .

Monday, February 7, 2011

Photographs: Preserving Moments in Time

Photographs are something that bring great joy and wonder to my life.  I love the art of photography for how it captures a moment in time that could otherwise be lost.  I love taking photographs as well as looking through old photos that I have collected over the years and enjoy looking at the photographs that others have taken.  It is quite an amazing art form.  Beyond that, photography has the unique ability to gift us with visions of the past, of a time before we existed.  I have been graced with a love of genealogy and through the experiences that I have had in researching my ancestry, I have been fortunate enough to know the faces of some of my ancestors.  There are many ways that photographs touch my life and the lives of others.  I want to share a few photographs that I have taken of things that bring wonder to my life.  Nature working hard to sustain life by growing toward the light and source of moisture, sunsets, weeping willow trees, nature as art, people enjoying nature, autumn colors and bridges because they take you somewhere.  I hope you enjoy these photographs and take some of your own or take the time to sit down and look through some of your old photographs, it is a rewarding experience.







1 comment:

  1. The pictures are beautiful.. and I love how you described what they mean to you. This is a beautiful and relaxing blog... and gives great insight into who you are as a person. I'm looking forward to reading and seeing more from you!

    ReplyDelete