Our senses absorb wonder and beauty as we nourish our soul to overflowing. In this blog, I will share things that nourish my soul. I find wonder in many places in my life; music, books, nature, people, art, travel, food, passion, creativity and much more. In sharing these sources of wonder with others, my hope is to spread the feeling of pure, innocent joy felt in the hearts of those who truly absorb the wonder. Fill your cup, pass it on, then fill another and so on . . .

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Great friendships

There is so much wonder that ebbs and flows from great friendships that can truly stand the test of time. I have been very fortunate in my life to maintain some great connections spanning more than 2 decades. In friendships that begin in childhood and last on into the later years of life, there is a remarkable kind of connection that feels like home, offering a sense of unity throughout the passage of time. Having people in my life that have grown with me and always offered that unconditional love has been one of my greatest treasures. Throughout my life, I have viewed my closest friends as family. I think it is extremely important to surround yourself with individuals who bring light, love, understanding, compassion, inspiration, honesty, passion and harmony.

I think I am always grateful for the amazing relationships that I have in my life. Still, from time to time, I see a more vivid picture detailing just how vibrant these relationships are in affecting me from the inside out.

One day, a couple of weeks ago, I was struggling with one of those days where defeat seemed to be chasing my coattails. As the day was coming to a close, I felt drained, hopeless and uninspired. I decided to telephone my best friend who is really like a sister to me and after only ten minutes with her, I was revived!!! Her ability to bring me back to center was incredible and just what I needed at that moment. So, it became even more clear to me what a wonderful relationship I have with her and how important it is to cherish it!

I am grateful and filled with wonder for the amazing experiences that I have been gifted as a result of this friendship and many other relationships that have brought wondrous beauty into my life. We never know how long we have here to absorb the wonder of it all and breathe in the many fragrances that spill into our lives on a daily basis. So, soak it up, make the most of every moment and do not waste any time in anger or frustration or what is out of your control. Because, the only thing that really counts is sharing moments with those that you love and discovering the best in each other, drawing out the positive to create an environment of love with no room for anger and resentment. The strength is in your love, find it there and let it fill your heart and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment