Our senses absorb wonder and beauty as we nourish our soul to overflowing. In this blog, I will share things that nourish my soul. I find wonder in many places in my life; music, books, nature, people, art, travel, food, passion, creativity and much more. In sharing these sources of wonder with others, my hope is to spread the feeling of pure, innocent joy felt in the hearts of those who truly absorb the wonder. Fill your cup, pass it on, then fill another and so on . . .

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bortell's Fisheries - Ludington, MI

Off the beaten path there are some of the most amazing discoveries in life! I always like finding those places that are a little out of the way, usually the best kept secrets. Well, on a trip to the west coast of Michigan one year, I found one of those places. I would like to share it with you and hope that you will make it there someday. While visiting a lighthouse, we started chatting with a family from Iowa and they mentioned that they make the trip on the ferry from Wisconsin every year for fun and always look forward to visiting Bortell's Fisheries and they asked if we had been there yet. Not having heard of it, we were intrigues to find out more. They told us how to get there and stressed to us why we should go there. The next day, we followed the road along the shore which took us on a winding path up a hill near some high-voltage towers by the shore (I explain this detail because when you pass those towers, you know it is the correct path to Bortell's). When you arrive there, it is a very non-descript type of building. It is quite small but it is usually packed with cars and people sitting around outside eating at picnid table. When you go inside, it looks like a fish market and you select the type of fresh fish you want (when I say fresh, I mean FRESH) and then they fry it up for you and before you get to the cashier to pay, your fish is ready for you. OH, and you get A LOT of fish for a great price! The fish tastes so fresh and so amazing!! Take a drive and stop in at Bortell's, you will not be disappointed!!! Bortell's Fisheries - Ludington, MI

No comments:

Post a Comment