Our senses absorb wonder and beauty as we nourish our soul to overflowing. In this blog, I will share things that nourish my soul. I find wonder in many places in my life; music, books, nature, people, art, travel, food, passion, creativity and much more. In sharing these sources of wonder with others, my hope is to spread the feeling of pure, innocent joy felt in the hearts of those who truly absorb the wonder. Fill your cup, pass it on, then fill another and so on . . .

Monday, February 14, 2011

Autumn

The colors and fragrances of autumn fill me with wonder and delight. Living in Michigan, I have always been grateful for the experiences that come with the changing of the seasons. I love seeing the first blooms on the trees in early Spring. Warm Summer nights, as the season begins to unfold, invite everyone outdoors and into the beauty and comfort that abounds. Autumn, with it's changing colors, cool evenings and the unique fragrances that fill the air, entices us to head out to the apple orchards, cider mills or local parks to soak up those last bits of warmth before the frost. As winter approaches, the Holiday Seasons are already in full swing and outdoor lights create a wondrous atmosphere that really fills us with Holiday cheer. Those first frosts cover the landscape in a coat of white and make me feel as though I am living inside a beautiful masterpiece.
Still, Autumn is my favorite time of year. My senses overflow during this mystical season. I love taking drives to look at the fall colors and photographing the many sights that I see along the way. I love the smells that tantalize as I drive by any of the many apple orchards and cider mills in the area. I enjoy taking long walks and hearing the crunching of the leaves under my feet. Raking leaves is an enjoyable experience for me as it brings to mind some great memories of jumping in the leaves with my Brother as a small child. I love the temperatures as they are just right for a comfy sweatshirt and a cup of hot cocoa. There are so many wonderful things about Autumn. What is your favorite season?

1 comment:

  1. Hello Kyra, nice blog! We are all governed by the Universal Truth of Everlasting Change you may enjoy my writing http://code2liveby.blogspot.com/search/label/The%20Truth%20of%20Everlasting%20Change I will be most thankful if you comment\subscribe

    ReplyDelete